Image Map

Monday, August 22, 2011

Meet the teacher

http://imbloghoppin.blogspot.com/ is having a teacher week. Hop on over to her site to take part!

Ah--how do I explain what is in my thoughts 24-7: teaching first graders to love reading as much as I do. I guess it began when I was four and read books every day. We lived within walking distance to the public library and I sometimes frequented it twice a day. (They only would allow two books to be checked out at a time!) Maybe from that little tidbit of info you have figured out that I am not a new, young, inexperienced, first year teacher. I have taught for 35 years (all in the same school). I taught kindergarten and then moved to first ten years ago. I love this grade--seeing the kids blossom into readers and thinkers!

I love the beach and get to go a couple of times a year since my husband's family lives there! I live near...
trees, rolling hills, and mountains so get the best of both worlds.
I have two adult sons--one is also a teacher and coach! I only have one baby left at home:

What I enjoy about teaching is just the day to day working with the kids. Seeing their smiles and hearing their laughter and watching them mature and grow.

Things that I couldn't live without are: baskets, baskets, baskets, plastic containers, my Scotch laminator, blogging from you guys, and decorating my classroom. Since I spend so many hours there I like it to be cozy and homey.




No comments:

Post a Comment