Image Map

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Classroom Sneak Peak

It's getting closer. Time. for. school. August 1. Need I say more?

I spent a few hours at school tossing and tossing old stuff. When I get in a cleaning mood I get in a throw it out mind-set.

Since our district is moving to a literacy based concept I tossed all our old reading series files.


Do you see the leveled readers below this bulletin board? I pulled them out of the display boxes and saved them. I do plan to use them in guided reading so I didn't toss those!

The new, cleaned off area:


I pulled out my little storage "benches" that Mr. Spouse built and placed those at the end of the desks.

From this:

To this:


The baskets go inside their desks to hold various items so that I can't see the orderly disarray inside. (Picture hidden unfinished work that I couldn't possibly know that is missing?)


I'm thinking of displaying our common core standards (I Can statements) that are required to show that I indeed am a Tennessee teacher who is going to be evaluated on said standards. I really need to have them close to our meeting area. 


I did have half of the student book baskets stored in this area but since I may use those little storage benches near their desks I have placed the science area/journals there. I will move all my non-fiction book baskets to this bookcase. The ones pictured in the blue baskets are actually author studies and chapter books. Above the area is my Daily 5 choice pocket charts. I'm a little undecided as to how those will go with our new "balanced literacy" reading/writing workshops. I am more of a Reading Workshop person than a Daily 5 so I sort of made my own way to combine both.

Well, this week I have three days of Common Core training. 


No comments:

Post a Comment