Image Map

Friday, December 2, 2011

New finds!

Been searching the blog world tonight to get myself planned for next week. I think I've found some great finds:
Cara over at The First Grade Parade posted some wonderful ways to incorporate writing with some crafts about Christmas. Our next week's theme is Family so what a better time to combine with Christmas cheer. I plan to use How The Grinch..., and that Elf application is definitely going on my planbook!

And we just happen to be working on the long i (CVCe) next week and her Gingerbread sort is ab.so.lute.ly perfect!!! Just need to pick up a new color printer cartridge and my laminating can begin.


Then I found a new blog: Heather's Hearts. She is having a great giveaway of some cool shirts. I love the way she has used so many different fabrics for the letters. Definitely matches my room theme.

I found a way to combine symmetry and patterns in our craft this week. We folded green paper and drew a line to make a tree. Then using leftover shapes from our latest unit in Envisions math the kids created patterns.







2 comments:

  1. Tree Symmetry. They are so cute and all so different.

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trees are darling!! I love this idea! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    Rebecca
    Teaching First

    ReplyDelete