Image Map

Friday, July 1, 2011

Forever...

Books! Books! Books!
At the beginning of school I always have the kids bring in a favorite book. I call it a book that is "forever" in their memories. I can remember my mother reading me certain books when I was 4 or 5. Now that I am older way beyond that age it must mean that reading to and with was something that isn't a new strategy.

To choose a book that is meaningful/to begin from day one to showcase how I value books/to let the parents understand that reading is going to be the main focus in my classroom...I send a  letter asking them to bring in a favorite book.
Forever Book Note                                                                                                   
When the kids bring in their books they become a display. I read a couple each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment