Image Map

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Power of Projectors

I don't have a SMARTboard. OH--I have wished for one. I have asked for one. I have tried to write a grant for one. So, I did the next best thing. I asked for a document camera and projector. I was lucky enough to get our entire first grade team each a projector and a SMARTslate. A SMARTslate is like a SMART mouse! AND I love, love, love both of them.





As you can see, the projector is aimed right at our whiteboard. So, now we can write on the images. Love that we can pull up workbook pages from our Treasures curriculum and demonstrate, or teach, or review right there. The SMARTslate even has a little pen that will allow me to write but I usually just use the whiteboard itself.

For Treasures--I found online Florida links that actually "read" the main selections and we use it as a shared read. I also googled and found the grammar, on level, and spelling workbooks--entirely on line. Wonderful!!!!

Maybe...someday I'll get a SMARTboard. But I have the next best thing and am so thankful!








No comments:

Post a Comment