Image Map

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Currently--July!!!

How can this be? Summer is here! 
I am linking up with the Oh, Boy, 4th Grade.


I am listening to Hoda and Kathie Lee. They just played one of my favorite songs--When I See You Again! We've Come a Long Way--that certainly pertains to my family in the last few years. I recently retired, my husband and son have gone into a business which has changed our lifestyle. Lots of changes. (Maybe I should also listen to Changes!)
Needless to say there isn't much need to talk about the season of Summer. It is the freedom of being outdoors, enjoying the wonders of nature, walks in the summer breezes, grilling out, eating outdoors, etc. It is an amazing time of the year here in Tennessee.
Since I have retired it seems my mind is always focusing on what I can do around the house. Those blogs I read and drool over other's homes and projects are getting me in trouble! 
I just returned from Vegas two weeks ago! Three weeks too early to be able to visit with so many teachers at the convention. We stayed at the Palazzo--the same area that many of my blog buddies will stroll through! If I wasn't retired it would make more sense!
I really do need a pedicure! My latest home project left me with teeny tiny polka dots on one of my toes. Now if they had splashed on as stars or stripes it might be right in with July 4. It's a rainy, rainy, stay in the house kind of day so maybe a pedi is on today's agenda.
And last--it's hard to share what I consider a STAR. That is a bit against my thoughts of bragging on myself. But I do feel that I have compassion for those who are going through troubles. My compassion leads to sadness. A family just said goodbye to their ten month old baby. Yes, compassion. Yes, sadness, Which leads to prayers. 
And to those who are going to Vegas--enjoy your time together. And to those who are feeling sadness or difficulties--know that others do feel compassion and remember you in our prayers!
post signature

1 comment: