Image Map

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Pinning, Pirates, and Dr._____ (not House)

It seems as if permission to pin on Pinterest is a new way to say we are proud of our ideas. I'm not sure I'll have any great ideas since everyone is so talented...but in the event that I may just one day minute become an inspiration--you have my permission!








 I know you've heard of work stations/centers. It seems as if I have managed to create a multitude of work stations. My favorite--ah the trusty lap top that sits next to my recliner. I spend my blogging time on this one. But I also write my lesson plans and part of my creative work.
 Then...station 2 is the lamination station. (Oh a rhyme for Read Across America week!) I will sit there a lot today because my stack of laminating has grown. I even had to make a dash to Sams to  buy more!
And the printer and desk top desk. My--get right to it and get those required newsletters, etc. done! No blogging here. This means I am down to business.



 The ribbon is going to be used to decorate bookmarks for Dr. _____. I have heard that we can't actually say his name  in conjunction with Read Across America. Why???? may I ask. Isn't that exactly why we began this celebration on March 2? I am teaching the bossy R /ar/ this week. Last year--a whole year ago--Abby from The Inspired Apple posted her Pirate activity on TPT. And I bought it. And waited. And waited. Now that Treasures basal has reached the week of: Bossy R/ar/ I get to use the great activities. So. I am thinking pirate bandana for me with my dotted fabric.


My stack of laminating just waiting to be cut, assembled, packed up for school tomorrow. I wanted to do maps this week and to my delight--a brand new pirate themed map unit was posted...yesterday! The stars are shining in my direction. Check out the unit here from Abby and here from maps by One Extra Degree.. I'll be back later in the week to post some pictures of our Dr. _____ week and Pirates and ....whatever!










2 comments:

  1. I have awarded you the Liebster blog award. Come on over to my blog to check it out! Congrats on having an awesome blog! I love reading all your great ideas!

    Melanie
    First Grade Brain Sprinkles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just wanted to let you know I nominated you for an award. Stop by my blog to get it! :)

    WILD About First Grade!

    ReplyDelete